Office of Victim Advocacy
The Office of Victim Advocacy is a resource to current and returned Volunteers who have been victims of crime, including sexual assault and stalking, and works to ensure Volunteers have access to the full range of support services provided by the Peace Corps.
Highly trained victim advocates are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to Peace Corps Volunteers who have been victims of crime during their service.
Contact a victim advocate at any time: call/text 202.409.2704 or email email@example.com.
OVA is committed to ensuring that all Volunteers who report a crime are treated with compassion, dignity, and respect throughout the reporting process. Peace Corps victim advocates stand with Volunteers through the process, respecting confidentiality and privacy and supporting them as they consider options.
- Information on available mental health, medical, and legal options
- Accompaniment overseas to participate in investigative and legal proceedings
- Assistance with safety planning
- Connecting resources for support services, both within the Peace Corps and from outside organizations
- Updates throughout the investigative process, legal proceedings, and internal investigations
For more information, see the Peace Corps’ Sexual Assault Risk-Reduction and Response Program.
He took what happened seriously and made me feel validated in how I was feeling…helped me realize that sexual assault does not define me or my Peace Corps service, and that I am braver than I had thought.Peace Corps Volunteer
Contact informationVictim advocates are available 24/7.
If there is an emergency and you need to speak to a victim advocate right away:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call or text 202.409.2704
For general inquiries, call 202.692.1753 or email email@example.com.
PC Saves helpline provides anonymous, confidential crisis
intervention, support, and information for Peace Corps Volunteers and trainees
who have been affected by sexual assault at PCsaveshelpline.org;
or call from outside the U.S.: 001.408.844.HELP (4357); from within the U.S.: 408.844.HELP (4357).