Peace Corps Jamaica is seeking to engage the local market on the requirements listed below.
Peace Corps Medical Officer
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Doctor to serve as a full-time contracted Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO), to be based in Kingston. The PCMO will provide health care to U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers in Jamaica, and will work under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director and the Peace Corps Office of Medical Services in Washington DC.
- Routine primary health care to Peace Corps Trainees and Volunteers including treatment of common illnesses and injuries in accordance with Peace Corps medical guidelines
- Individual short-term counseling on disease prevention, adjustment issues, stress management and cross-cultural problems
- Response to emergency medical situations
- Member of Senior Peace Corps staff in Jamaica
- Ability to conduct training on health related issues
- Site visits to Peace Corps Volunteers throughout Jamaica
- Administrative tasks of the medical office including budget management
- Inventory of medical supplies and equipment
- Alternate 24 hour on- call duty with the other PCMO
For more information about the position and how to apply, please download the full application package (File type: MS-Word) and application requirements summary (File type: MS-Word). Completed applications must be received by email to [email protected] by 8:00 a.m. on June 17, 2019.