Youth Development Promoter
Youth in Development
Volunteers work with youth in communities to promote engagement and active citizenship, including gender awareness, employability, health and HIV/AIDS education, environmental awareness, sports and fitness programs, and information technology.
Volunteers work within many different areas, even within the same sector. Qualifications vary by country and program. At minimum, all Peace Corps assignments require expressed interest in the project sector and one or more of the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in any field
- 5 years' professional work experience in any field
Some assignments will require a degree due to local ministry requests. Some assignments have more specialized requirements. A degree or professional work experience related to the project sector may qualify you for additional assignments.
In addition to the Required Skills listed above, many other skills can also help to qualify you for a Volunteer program:
- Professional work experience in a field related to the project sector
- Volunteer experience in a field related to the project sector
- For more information about the required and desired skills for a specific sector, please connect with a recruiter to learn more
If there is a language requirement in Spanish, French, or any Romance Language for the position that you are applying for, then candidates must meet one or more of the language requirements below in order to be considered for this position.
- Completed 4 years of high school Spanish/French/other Romance Language coursework within the past 8 years
- Completed minimum 2 semesters of Spanish/French/other Romance Language college‐level coursework within the past 6 years
- Native/fluent speaker of Spanish/French/other Romance Language
Candidates who do not meet the language proficiency levels above can take the language placement exams to demonstrate their level of proficiency. Competitive applicants typically attain a score of 50 on the Spanish College Level Examination Program CLEP exam or a score of Novice‐High on the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL OPI). Other language exams, including no-fee exams that can be found online, may be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Please include any relevant language skills in your Peace Corps application.
Does Peace Corps sound like the opportunity for you?
Get started on your journey.