Volunteers lead grassroots efforts to protect the environment and strengthen understanding of environmental issues. They teach environmental awareness in schools and to local organizations, empowering communities to make their own decisions about how to conserve the local environment.
Volunteers also address environmental degradation by promoting sustainable use of natural resources.
Volunteers work within many different areas, even within the same sector. Qualifications vary by country and program. At minimum, all Peace Corps assignments require expressed interest in the project sector and one or more of the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in any field
- 5 years' professional work experience in any field
Some assignments will require a degree due to local ministry requests. Some assignments have more specialized requirements. A degree or professional work experience related to the project sector may qualify you for additional assignments.
In addition to the Required Skills listed above, many other skills can also help to qualify you for a Volunteer program:
- Professional work experience in a field related to the project sector
- Volunteer experience in a field related to the project sector
- For more information about the required and desired skills for a specific sector, please connect with a recruiter to learn more
Does Peace Corps sound like the opportunity for you?
Get started on your journey.