College of Public Health at University of South Florida
Why you should consider this program
Benefits for Coverdell Fellows
|Tuition/fees for Complete Program||Value of Coverdell Fellowship||Net cost *|
|In state||$ 20,030||$ 4,000||$ 16,030|
|Out of state||$ 40,460||$ 23,530||$ 16,930|
Where the cost savings value of the Coverdell Fellowship comes from
All Coverdell Fellows will receive a Scholarship from the College of Public Health for $2,000 when they enroll in the program, renewable in year 2 as long as the student is making satisfactory progress in their degree program. Fellows may receive this award twice, for a total of $4,000 of scholarship support .
Coverdell Fellows will receive an out-of-state tuition waiver, which covers approximately 58% of in-state tuition which will result in significant savings on tuition.
The College of Public Health will prioritize Coverdell Fellows for a Graduate Assistantship in their academic departments, and at the discretion and need of each department which is equivalent to 80% of in state tuition, payment of the GA health insurance premium if elected by the student, and a stipend for that term.
The College of Public Health will pay for all Coverdell Fellows to take the CPH exam to be certified in public health.
Fellowships awarded per year (average)
Other benefits or opportunities
Application fee waived?No
Jobs for program alumni
Official GRE, MCAT or GMAT test scores are required.
Transcripts SOPHAS requires ALL foreign transcripts to have a course by course evaluation from World Education Services (WES, http://www.wes.org/).
A minimum of two letters of recommendation of a professional or academic nature.
A resume or curriculum vitae
A statement of purpose and objectives.
The SOPHAS application fee must be paid
- Step 1 – Applicants will apply to the College of Public Health via Sophas by the application deadline for the Fall Semester
- Step 2 - Indicate in your SOPHAS application your desire to apply to the Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows Program and complete the additional essay
- Step 3 - Applicants will be notified of their admission to the College of Public Health
- Step 4 -The Peace Corps Coordinator will contact admitted Coverdell Applicants and request their DOS, CV, and any additional documentation
- Step 5 - All Coverdell applicants will be notified of their Coverdell application status.
- Step 6 -If selected, applicants will have 1 week to decide if they wish to accept or decline the Coverdell offer and communicate with the COPH Peace Corps Coordinator
Monday August 20th, 2018
Year Coverdell Fellows partnership started