McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University
Why you should consider this program
The Georgetown University McDonough School of Business develops principled leaders with a global mindset to be in service to business and society. Through courses, co-curricular activities, and career-related events, Coverdell Fellows will receive a rigorous business education that also prepares them to make a positive impact on the community through careers in for-profit, non-profit, or non-governmental organizations. Our location in Washington, D.C. also provides a business perspective at the intersection of policy and society.
All full-time MBA students will complete a 54-credit program over the course of 21 months. The general management degree provides both core courses and the ability to customize the program by taking electives from: accounting, finance, marketing, management, and operations and information management..
All full-time Master’s in Management (MiM) students will complete a 35-credit program over the course of 10 months. This degree is modeled after the first year of the MBA program and provides core business courses designed to help students launch their career in business.
A highlight of the Fellows program will be a required Global Business Experience. This program allows students to consult for an international company, solving real-world problems for a client. This six to eight-week experience culminates in a one-week global trip to meet with and present recommendations to the client.
Request more information on Georgetown’s MBA
Request more information on Georgetown’s MiM
Benefits for Coverdell Fellows
|Tuition/fees for Complete Program||Value of Coverdell Fellowship||Net cost *|
|In state||$ 124,374||$ 20,000||$ 104,374|
|Out of state||$ 124,374||$ 20,000||$ 104,374|
Where the cost savings value of the Coverdell Fellowship comes from
- The information above is for the MBA program. The financial information for the MiM program is the following (instate and out of state information is the same):
- Tuition/Fees for complete program: $55,000.
- Value of Coverdel Fellowship: $13,750
- Netcost: $41,250.
● All returned Peace Corps volunteers will receive an application fee waiver ($175 value).
● Admitted Fellows will received a minimum of a $10,000 tuition scholarship per year for each of their two years in the MBA program ($20,000 total) and a minimum of a $13,750 tuition scholarship for their one year in the MiM program. Fellows will also be considered for additional funding based upon merit qualifications.
Fellowships awarded per year (average)
Two to three
Other benefits or opportunities
- Admitted Fellows are eligible to apply for potential Graduate Assistantships within MBA Admissions or GSEI. The GA rate is $16/hour and they could expect approximately 5-10 hours/ week.
- The potential for internship compensation will vary by employer.
Annual cost of living (estimated)
Application fee waived?Yes
Fellows will work with both the MBA Career Center and Global Social Enterprise Initiative (GSEI) to learn about the more than 250 internship and service experiences that would fulfill the Coverdell Fellows Third Goal Requirement. In addition to these more formal opportunities, students can participate in organizations such as Net Impact, MBA Volunteers, or the Consulting Club. Our program has strong success in providing opportunities for students to intern. In the summers of 2016 and 2017, 99 percent of students seeking an internship received one.
Jobs for program alumni
MBA Employment Report
The Georgetown MBA Employment Report offers a snapshot of the world-renowned companies that have hired our students after graduation or for summer internships. The following information highlights 2020 Georgetown MBA employment statistics. https://issuu.com/georgetownmcdonough/docs/2020_mba_employment_report
● MBA program: 21 Months ● MiM program: 10 months
Completed application form, application fee (waived), official academic transcripts, one written essay, one video essay, one recommendation, official GRE/GMAT/Executive Assessment score, resume, and interview (invitation only).
In the optional essay, eligible applicants should note that they would like to be considered for the Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows Program.
For more details on MBA Admissions, please visit website http://msb.georgetown.edu/programs/MBA/admissions.
For more details on MiM Admissions, please visit website: https://msb.georgetown.edu/masters-in-management/admissions-financing/application-process/
Year Coverdell Fellows partnership started