Colorado State University Impact MBA
Why you should consider this program
Become a leader in sustainable business practices and join the Impact MBA, ranked No. 5 nationwide and No. 20 worldwide in the 2021 Corporate Knights Better World MBA Ranking and recipient of the 2020 Wharton-QS Reimagine Education silver award for sustainability education. CSU’s College of Business Impact MBA provides you with the skills and tools to take action, the leadership and influence to drive change and a supportive network of like-minded, innovative professionals.
Program at a Glance
Delivery: Face to face
Location: Fort Collins, CO, plus a summer fellowship capstone
Length: 16 months (three semesters–includes a summer fellowship)
Start Date: August
Schedule: Classes four to five days a week, Monday–Friday
- Impact MBA students complete a 400 hour summer Fellowship with an organization where they will identify, analyze, and address sustainability issues within the organization.
- The interdisciplinary curriculum includes as many as 15 credit hours outside the College of Business; with specialized courses from the School of Global Environmental Sustainability and the Department of Ecosystem Science and Sustainability.
- Students learn MBA accounting, finance, and management and apply these concepts to social ventures and corporate fellowships during the program.
- Students and graduates from the program are represented in more than 80 countries.
- Each cohort is comprised of approximately 45 students from widely diverse educational, professional backgrounds.
Benefits for Coverdell Fellows
|Tuition/fees for Complete Program||Value of Coverdell Fellowship||Net cost *|
|In state||$ 45,282||$ 23,968||$ 21,314|
|Out of state||$ 68,418||$ 35,305||$ 33,113|
Where the cost savings value of the Coverdell Fellowship comes from
- Resident Impact MBA Coverdell Fellowship tuition benefit: $13,086
- Non-resident Impact MBA Coverdell Fellowship tuition benefit: $24,423
- Assistantship Health insurance premium ($3,222 for two semesters)
- Graduate Assistantship Stipend - $7,600 for two semesters
- Application fee waiver: $60
Health insurance premiums for 2 of the 3 semesters are covered by the Fellowship award. Tuition and fees are based upon the fall 2022-2023 academic year and are subject to increase on an annual basis dependent upon Board of Governor approval.
Fellowships awarded per year (average)
2 Non- Resident awards 2 Resident awards
Other benefits or opportunities
All Impact MBA students are required to enroll in a corporate sustainability fellowship. Corporate Sustainability fellows are paid at a minimum of $18 per hour for 400 hours for a total of $7,200.
Additional benefits afforded to each Fellow include:
- CSU Mountain Campus Orientation: An overnight community-building introduction to the Impact MBA program, Colorado State University, staff and faculty and current students held in nearby beautiful mountains.
- $1000 Professional Development budget to attend industry conferences with organizations like GreenBiz who offer Impact MBA students preferential volunteer registration.
- Emergenetics Workshop: Attend a full day workshop engineered to improve communication, teamwork, and advance workplace performance.
- Net Impact Student Organization: Impact MBA students hold leadership roles and are funded to attend conferences.
- Career Support: The College of Business has its own Career Management Center offering career-focused workshops and events, personal branding on LinkedIn and social media, job offer evaluation, negotiation strategies and networking opportunities for life. We also contract with Trish Kenlon of Sustainable Career Pathways to provide a one on one strategy session.
- Intentional co-curricular learning opportunities and alumni networking.
Application fee waived?Yes
Fellows will work with a career counselor at our Career Management Center and with the Impact MBA Program Manager to secure an internship that aligns with the career goals of the Fellow. The College of Business has many connections within the local community and Fellows will be presented a variety of opportunities. Fellows are also welcome to independently seek out organizations of interest. Internships will be scheduled around the corporate sustainability fellowship. Colorado State University is fortunate to be just one hour from Denver and the Posner Center offering connections to hundreds of social enterprise partnerships including Trees, Water People and the Women’s Bakery in Fort Collins.
Jobs for program alumni
Organizations Employing our Alumni:
Ashoka, B-Lab, Brendle Group,, Chewie Labs, , Deloitte, Dolma, Eileen Fischer, Field to Market,Impact Fund, , Engineers Without Borders, EVgo,, Global GreenBiz, Iconergy, ,Lightening eMotors, , Keurig Dr. Pepper, Nature Conservancy, One Acre Fund, Rocky Mountain Institute, IFRS (formerly SASB), , U.S. State Department, USAID, Vail Resorts, World Wildlife Fund,.
- Official transcripts
- Three professional recommendations
- Statement of purpose
- Current resume
1. Complete the admissions checklist of required documents
2. Submit the online application fee waiver request
3. Include a description of Peace Corps service in your resume when applying to the Impact MBA program and your official Peace Corps Description of Service.
4. Apply for a graduate assistantship. This application will be used for purposes of placement within the College of Business.
5. Notification of admission will be 2-5 weeks after application.
6. Notification of Coverdell Fellowship awards will be by email as early as mid-March.
Year Coverdell Fellows partnership started