California State University , Long Beach - Geography
Why you should consider this program
Coverdell Fellows at CSULB have the opportunity to earn a Masters degree in Geography, which encompasses 4 core areas of specialization: Human Geography, Geospatial Technologies and Methods, Environmental and Physical Geography, and Global Studies.
Benefits for Coverdell Fellows
|Tuition/fees for Complete Program||Value of Coverdell Fellowship||Net cost *|
|In state||$ 16,464||$ 5,913||$ 10,551|
|Out of state||$ 30,720||$ 20,169||$ 10,551|
Where the cost savings value of the Coverdell Fellowship comes from
- Out-of-state tuition waiver for students not currently living in the state of California.
- Student assistantship for the first full year (up to $5,913) with the possibility of a second year.
- Waiver of 3-6 units of degree requirements based on the Volunteer's past experience and academic degree.
- More information regarding graduate student cost can be found on our website, CLICK HERE.
Fellowships awarded per year (average)
Other benefits or opportunities
- Fellows are given priority for TA-ships of their choice
- CLICK HERE to learn more about special projects also available for Coverdell Fellows
Annual cost of living (estimated)
Application fee waived?No
Our Coverdell Fellows undertake service internships benefiting under-served American communities. Fellows will spend 6-10 hours per week in their internship during their first semester of study and will develop their internship experience into a 3-6 unit Project or Thesis to be completed during the third or fourth semester of study. These internships will take place in organizations with missions ranging from environmental remediation and justice to GIS mapping to urban sustainability.
- A statement of purpose, which addresses your intention to serve as a Paul D. Coverdell Fellow.
- A paper, report, or mapping project that you feel best showcases your interests, abilities, and potential.
- A signed copy of the confidentiality election form.
- Three confidential letters of reference. Guidelines are available on our website.
- A copy of your Description of Service (DOS) from the Peace Corps.
- A set of official transcripts covering your bachelor's degree and any postbaccalaureate work.
- GRE scores, no more than five years old.
A statement of purpose, which addresses your intention to serve as a Paul D. Coverdell Fellow
- Option to pursue degree part time while receiving the Coverdell Fellowship
Numerous graduate courses are offered in the evenings. Students may enroll part time.
Year Coverdell Fellows partnership started