University Educator for Foreign Languages Departments/Teacher Trainer
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The PCR Volunteers are expected to provide training to future and/or current teachers on new methods and tools to increase the effectiveness of English-language education and to students and teachers on English for specific purposes at the specialized educational establishments, such as technical schools, universities or colleges. Peace Corps Response Volunteers will work either at a University or at an In-Service Teacher Training Institutes conducting classes on teaching English language skills for students or methodology to current teachers taking re-certification courses at In-Service Teacher Training Institutes. The PCR Volunteers will be teaching conversational English or English for special purposes and modeling communicative methodologies and approaches to promote critical thinking and problem solving skills. In addition, they will be sharing American culture and demonstrating values such as tolerance and the benefits of open information exchange. The goal of this assignment is to increase the resources for English teaching and improve the methodologies used to teach English.
Please note these are approximate departure dates and might change.
• At least three years of classroom teaching experience (this may include Peace Corps classroom experience)
• Experience developing and/or adapting teaching materials
• Strong teaching, presentation, facilitation, communication skills
• Ability to provide consultation to classroom teachers regarding classroom adaptations, instructional modifications, adaptive equipment, behavior modification plans, and other similar instructional interventions to assist students with special educational needs
• Evidence of personal maturity and patience to work under challenging circumstances including flexibility in adapting to local circumstances and constraints
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.