University Educator and Teacher Trainer
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Volunteers will work with current and future TEFL educators in University or teacher training institute settings. Volunteers will conduct courses on teaching methodology; teach English courses while modeling communicative methodologies and approaches to critical thinking; develop teacher training workshops; organize and facilitate English clubs; and develop a collection of English language lesson plans. The PCRV might work with underprivileged youth and those who have been internally displaced and require psycho-social support. The goal of this assignment is to increase the effectiveness of English language educators and English language programs in Ukraine.
All PCRVs in Ukraine will live with a host family for the first 6 months of service and then they will have the option to find alternative housing. This is done to help with cultural integration and to increase safety and security. At a minimum, the Volunteer will have a private room with a lock on the door.
Please note that this position is one of several that will depart for service in Ukraine at the same time. There is a chance that the departure date could change by 1-2 weeks, applicants will be notified if the date does change. Please only apply if you are available on the date listed and if you can serve for the entire duration of the project.
• At least three years of classroom teaching experience (this may include Peace Corps classroom experience)
• Experience developing and/or adapting teaching materials
• Strong teaching, presentation, and facilitation skills
• Skills/experience in providing psycho-social support to youth is a plus
• Evidence of personal maturity and patience to work under challenging circumstances including flexibility in adapting to local circumstances and constraints
• Intermediate Low level in Ukrainian or Russian language is a plus
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Ukraine
- Ukraine may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: requiring a psychiatrist for psychotropic medications support; ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: none identified.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: gluten, peanuts.
- After arrival in Ukraine, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot and mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please also review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.