Trail Technician & Rural Community Facilitator
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The Trail Technician & Rural Community Facilitator will work to train FCP staff, co-facilitate trainings of communities in trail design, building and maintenance, evaluate current draft of trail route, train staff on how to conduct such evaluations, validate the trail among rural homeowners and provide additional guidance to FCP staff. The goal of this assignment is for FCP staff to learn the technical knowledge behind this project allowing it to be sustainable in the future.
Please note these are approximate departure dates and might change.
• 2-3 years of experience leading, working and conducting community engagement capacity-building workshops in rural settings in Panama (preferably) or Central America
• Experience working eco-tourism trail design and building projects in the neo-tropics
• Capable of putting reports and power point presentations together
• Must be able to walk for hours at a time in a hot, humid climate
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Panama
- Panama may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: none identified.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: none identified.
- After arrival in Panama, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot, to take daily or weekly medication to prevent malaria, and to receive mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please also review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.