Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
The Software Developers, with at least an undergraduate degree in IT, programming, or relevant equivalent experience and experience in database development and maintenance, are needed to assist in the design and implementation of the CMIS system. The PCRV will review current systems, present ideas for system improvements and updates, produce detailed specifications, and write the program codes. The Volunteers will also maintain the code – resolving issues or bugs in the code management software, conduct product testing in staging environments prior to launching updates or new applications, contribute to the production of training manuals for system users, and facilitate training of staff and system users in using the training manuals. The goal of this assignment is to build local capacity of the local junior software developers to best support the CMIS system users, the nurses in the country’ health facilities.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in eSwatini together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT), programming, or relevant equivalent experience. Advanced degree in IT, Computer Health Information system an added advantage
• Experience in database development and maintenance (Microsoft SQL preferred)
• Knowledge of principles of software design, coding, testing, and deployment
• Knowledge of principles of database design, data acquisition and data access analysis and design
• Knowledge of stored procedure writing, query optimization, and indexes
• At least three years of experience in software development using Microsoft Visual Studio; Object Oriented Approach; JSON,
• Knowledge of ASP.NET, C-Sharp, Pivot View, Share Point, Mobile applications and devices Analytical and public sector experience
• Professional, flexible team player
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.