Remedial Reading Project Coordinator
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The Remedial Reading Project Coordinator, with at least a bachelor’s degree in education or related field and experience working as a literacy specialist or remedial reading teacher is needed to work closely with the Board of Grow Well to re-develop and support an improvement and expansion of two separate Remedial Reading Programs in two communities within the region of Gros Islet. The long-term vision for the Grow Well Remedial Reading Program is the establishment of a template or framework for setting up and running an after school remedial reading program according to international best practices and to raise funds to be able to implement similar programs in underserved communities throughout Saint Lucia.
Please note these are approximate departure dates and may change due to programmatic needs.
• Experience as a literacy specialist or remedial reading teacher
• Experience working with at-risk students or students from a developing country
• Openness to respect and learn from local knowledge
• Proficient computer skills using MS Word, Excel, Publisher and Internet.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team, and maintain a positive working relationship with colleagues
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Eastern Caribbean
- Eastern Caribbean may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: none identified.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: none identified.
- After arrival in Eastern Caribbean, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot and mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.