Rehabilitation Services Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The PCRV will work closely with the Hospital Rehab Coordinator (HRC) to support standardization of care through protocol development, without the provision of direct medical care to patients or clinical supervision of students. The PCRV will aid hospital administrators to draft rehab service outlines for three priority services: a) traumatic brain injury; b) stroke; and c) spinal cord injury. In collaboration with the hospital staff and the HRC, the PCRV will also develop a protocol for administering clinical placement training and advance protocol development by incorporating learning from other hospitals and UK-based consultant.
Please note these are approximate departure dates and might change.
• Experience and/or demonstrated interest contextualizing rehab clinical and management protocols within LMIC health services
• Strong written English skills
• Basic Russian or Ukrainian language skills required
• Evidence of personal maturity and patience to work under challenging circumstances including flexibility in adapting to local situations and constraints
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Ukraine
- Ukraine may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: requiring a psychiatrist for psychotropic medications support; ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: none identified.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: gluten, peanuts.
- After arrival in Ukraine, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot and mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.