Project Development and Training Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The PCRV will work with the staff of Fund Sukhumi to improve the organization’s capacity in project management and facilitation/presentation skills. The primary tasks will include improving the capacity of the nine WSC members/mobilizers in project management, planning, time management and working with the seven members of the organization’s fundraising group to develop their skills in proposal writing, problem analysis, stakeholder mapping, and others topics as needed. Additionally, English language skills development for staff is very important, and the Volunteer will be responsible for assessing the needs of the NGO staff in English language development and conduct classes in conversational English. The main goal of the PCRV will be to develop the organizational and human capacity of Fund Sukhumi pursue its mission to increase women’s role in building a democratic society in Georgia.
• Experience in project management
• Strong experience in grant writing/fundraising
• Strong organizational and management skills
• Strong written communication and presentation skills
• Strong training and facilitation skills
• Ability and desire to conduct conversational English language classes
• Flexible and communicative
• High levels of motivation and energy
• Positive attitude
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Georgia
- Georgia may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: insulin-dependent diabetes; some types of gynecologic support; requiring a psychiatrist for psychotropic medications support; seizure disorder; ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: Adderall, Ritalin and Vyvanse.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: gluten.
- After arrival in Georgia, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot and mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.