Organizational Management Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
A Volunteer with several years of experience in project management and strategic planning and experience conducting training is needed to promote project management approaches within ICODER. The Volunteer will help establish a strategy for institutional evaluation, conduct a processes approach to ensure adequate institutional management in compliance with established functions and norms, and promote quality management within all ICODER management processes. The goal of this assignment is to work with ICODER to make recommendations to improve the organization’s procedures and processes.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Costa Rica together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or related field and 5 years of related work experience, OR a Master’s degree in business, management, or related field and two years of related work experience.
• Previous experience in the review and design of institutional processes.
• Training and experience in Project Management.
• Understanding of the Managing for Development Results approach.
• Experience conducting training.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and tools for process design.
• Ability to negotiate and work in a teams.
• Advanced level of Spanish as a second language: while a reduced number of project partners may be able to communicate in English, Spanish will be needed to communicate with other relevant department’s as well as for daily life interactions.
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.