Organizational Capacity Building Specialist for HIV NGOs
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Host organizations would greatly benefit from Peace Corps Response Volunteers with experience in working with members of Key Populations, project design and management (especially related to increasing outreach, new strategies in HIV, ART and PreP demand creation), and organizational capacity building - particularly in advocacy, fundraising and effective communications. PCR Volunteers will strengthen the organizational capacity of their partner organizations in program/project development especially related to case finding, HIV-testing/Prep/ART-demand creation, advocacy, fundraising, and public relations to increase the impact that these organizations have in addressing the pressing needs surrounding the HIV/AIDS epidemic, control and reduction of stigma and discrimination against people affected by HIV. The goal of this assignment is to improve the organizations’ project design and management practices and strengthen the organization’s capacity in working with Key Populations.
Please note these are approximate departure dates and might change.
• Experience working with HIV/AIDS organizations and/or projects targeting youth affected by HIV, People Who Inject Drugs, Men Who Have Sex with Men, Commercial Sex Workers. Understanding of HIV/AIDS issues and specifics of work with vulnerable populations
• Experience with organizational development, program development, project management, fundraising and public relations
• Evidence of personal maturity and patience to work under challenging circumstances including flexibility in adapting to local situations and constraints
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Ukraine
- Ukraine may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: requiring a psychiatrist for psychotropic medications support; ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: none identified.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: gluten, peanuts.
- After arrival in Ukraine, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot and mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.