Nonprofit Certification Analyst
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
A PCRV with a Bachelors’ degree in nonprofit management, public administration or related field and Spanish fluency is needed to help CRUSA develop a certification program for nonprofit organizations. The Volunteer will work with the CRUSA Foundation to define the parameters of the assessment, including organizations to include, as well as key partners to form a working group to guide the assessment throughout the process. Additionally, the Volunteer will work closely with the CRUSA Community Capacity-Building Field Coordinator to develop training plans and other resources for nonprofits that fit with the quality standards that are described or proposed through this process. The goal of this assignment is to recommend how a national certification process or quality standards could be developed and implemented by CRUSA and other partners in Costa Rica for nonprofits.
• Two years of experience working in Costa Rica on the community level or similar experience in another country
• Fluent in Spanish
• Experience conducting trainings and other capacity building sessions in Spanish
• Experience conducting research/assessments
• Willingness to approach the position through the Peace Corps’ philosophy on development
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: Vyvanse.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: gluten.
- After arrival in Costa Rica, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot and mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.