National Malaria Coordinator
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
A National Malaria Coordinator is needed to support PCVs to implement quality, effective malaria work with their counterparts, and other community members. They will help PCVs improve the ability of community health workers and community members to prevent malaria, liaise with local and national stakeholders, Peace Corps Staff/HQ, and Stomp Out Malaria in Africa teams to coordinate malaria prevention and control programming and initiatives. The Response Volunteer will work with the Programming and Training staff to coordinate and facilitate malaria prevention activities and trainings and will also document challenges, lessons learned, and best practices in PC Malawi’s experiences in malaria prevention. In addition, they will develop a list of tools for use by PCVs in malaria prevention, compile malaria activity reports, and complete a monthly status report for submission to PC Malawi.
Please note that this position is one of several that will depart for service in Malawi at the same time. It is unlikely that the departure date will change but applicants will be notified if the date does change. Please only apply if you are available on the date listed and if you can serve for the entire duration of the project.
• Previous successful completion of Peace Corps service
• At least two years of experience conducting community health programming in a low-resource environment
• Knowledge and experience in malaria prevention programming
• Ability to research, develop, and present training materials to a broad spectrum of clients, using adult learning and non-formal education principles
• Experience developing and using evaluation tools to monitor the efficacy of training programs and programmatic interventions
• Knowledge of Peace Corps programming and training methodologies and how PCVs coordinate with host-country partners at the community level
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.