Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The Multimedia Specialist will develop multimedia products (video, images, illustrations, posters, etc.) illustrating best practices in forest restoration practices, create multimedia case studies of ELTI’s focal training sites, create scripts and facilitate the recording/transcribing and editing of footage of ELTI Staff and Alumni, photograph and record ELTI Staff and other course facilitators to create ELTI online program training materials, and to identify other multimedia opportunities that could further advance ELTI’s efforts to disseminate best practices and environmental awareness.
Please note these are approximate departure dates and might change.
• Advanced/fluent in both written and spoken Spanish
• 2-5 years of experience planning, staging, recording and editing video footage
• Advanced multimedia (especially videography) and visual storytelling skills
• 3 years of experience with applications or other type of editing software
• Experience interacting with a diversity of decision makers (farmers to policy makers)
• Ability to physically work outdoors in extreme heat, humidity and rain
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Panama
- Panama may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: none identified.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: none identified.
- After arrival in Panama, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot, to take daily or weekly medication to prevent malaria, and to receive mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please also review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.