Monitoring and Learning Development Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The Response Volunteer will 1. Develop research, monitoring and evaluation tools for assessing the feasibility of innovative sanitation products in low income urban countries; 2. Strengthen capacity of monitoring and research team; 3. Develop and integrate online knowledge sharing tools; 4. Update and develop monitoring, evaluation and learning tools. The goal of the assignment is to assist and collaborate with the SSD team in monitoring and learning development.
• Language proficiency: advanced low French
• 3 years of experience in a performance monitoring and evaluation role
• Ability to work in a cross cultural office environment
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
• Strong computer skills (MS Office, social media)
• Experience developing data analysis, project design, monitoring and evaluation activities
• 2 years of experience working at the grassroots level in a developing country context
Medical Considerations in Benin
- Benin may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: asthma, including mild or childhood; dermatology; gastroenterology; some types of gynecologic support; insulin-dependent diabetes; mammography; requiring a psychiatrist for psychotropic medications support; seizure disorder; ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: none identified
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: gluten, peanuts, and shellfish.
- After arrival in Benin, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot, to take daily or weekly medication to prevent malaria, and to receive mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please also review Important Medical Information for Applicants [PDF] to learn about other health conditions typically not supported in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.