Mathematics Education or Science Education Instructor/Lecturer
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Two Mathematics or Science Instructors with at least two years’ experience teaching in higher education are needed to use provided Liberian Government Curriculum to choose content areas relevant to the subject matter and grade level of the teachers they are training. The teachers have to be knowledgeable in both content knowledge and pedagogical knowledge and must be able to teach their courses, adhere to the schedule, and utilize classroom management skills. The PCRVs will also attend faculty meetings and evaluate student performance.
Please note that this position is one of several that will depart for service in Liberia at the same time. It is unlikely that the departure date will change but applicants will be notified if the date does change. Please only apply if you are available on the date listed and if you can serve for the entire duration of the project.
• Experience teaching in higher education for at least two years
• Ability to enhance performance of academic excellence
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Liberia
- Liberia may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: asthma, including mild or childhood; cardiology; dermatology; gastroenterology; some types of gynecologic support; insulin-dependent diabetes; mammography; requiring a psychiatrist for psychotropic medications support; ophthalmology; seizure disorder; urology; ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: Adderall, Vyvanse.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: none identified.
- After arrival in Liberia, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot, to take daily or weekly medication to prevent malaria, and to receive mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.