Math Support Officer
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
A Math Support Officer, with an advanced degree in an education-related field and at least 5 years’ experience as a primary school teacher, math teacher, or administrator, is needed to work in collaboration with Education Officers to support schools earmarked for the project. The PCRV will develop appropriate training plans, implement the trainings, and identify or create appropriate teaching and learning resources that would enhance lesson planning and lesson delivery. The PCRV will also conduct site visits to participating schools, evaluate students’ levels and learning needs related to numeracy, create and direct instructional intervention plans for students, and monitor and evaluate the progress of both teachers and students at the schools. The goal of this assignment is to build the capacity of the teachers to identify and address their students’ mathematics learning needs.
Please note these are approximate departure dates and may change due to programmatic needs.
• 5+ years’ experience as a successful primary school teacher, math teacher or administrator
• A valid teaching license/certification
• Experience in ICT integration in Education
• Experience developing and/or conducting education related training sessions
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Eastern Caribbean
- Eastern Caribbean may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: none identified.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: none identified.
- After arrival in Eastern Caribbean, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot and mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please also review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.