Math Professor or Teacher Trainer
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The math Teacher Trainer will train students who will teach mathematics at the primary and secondary levels in Liberia and the Math Professor will teach Advanced Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Abstract Algebra and Topology. Both Response Volunteers will be expected to increase student performance by tailoring lessons to their needs and level based on minimum assessment. They will supervise students’ research activities and support an effective learning environment and improving students’ teaching skills. At the end of the assignment, they will also submit a detailed report outlining their successes, challenges, and recommendations.
Please note; these are approximate departure dates and might change.
• Have at least two years of teaching experience at the university level
• Must be motivated and demonstrated experience in planning and presenting teaching materials for university students
• Ability to support effective teaching environment for fellow teachers and students with expressed needs
• Ability to analyze, network, and solve complex issues related to the teaching environment
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Liberia
- Liberia may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: asthma, including mild or childhood; cardiology; dermatology; gastroenterology; some types of gynecologic support; insulin-dependent diabetes; mammography; ongoing behavioral health support; ophthalmology; seizure disorder; urology.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: Adderall, Vyvanse.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: none identified.
- After arrival in Liberia, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot, to take daily or weekly medication to prevent malaria, and to receive mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please also review Important Medical Information for Applicants [PDF] to learn about other health conditions typically not supported in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.