Management and Capacity Building Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
Three PCRVs with a Bachelor’s degree in management, business or related field and experience in project management and developing grant and/or business proposals is needed to support the development of local Georgian CSOs. The PCRVs will assist in improving NGOs’ fundraising and proposal writing skills and help to diversify funding sources, so that they are not dependent solely on grant writing. The NGOs also need to identify strategies for partnership with the private sector on important social issues. The PCRVs will identify civil society and business sector possibilities, develop partnership proposals and promote mutual interest in supporting western Georgia communities. The goal of this assignment is to build staff capacity to conduct needs assessments, introduce planning tools, manage project lifecycles, develop monitoring and evaluation instruments, and strengthen the partnerships and sustainable growth of the CSOs.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Georgia together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Bachelor’s degree in management, business or related field
• Working experience in management, project management
• Experience in entrepreneurial work and or social enterprise
• Experience in networking and developing partnerships
• Experience in fundraising, developing grant and/or business proposals
• Experience using social media and other digital platforms for improving visibility
• Strong communication and networking skills
• Strong public speaking skills
• Desire and willingness to teach English
• Strong computer and digital skills
• Highly motivated and flexible
• Ability to show initiative
• High levels of energy
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.