Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
A Malaria Coordinator with previous experience conducting community health programming in a low-resource environment is needed to advocate for and coordinate malaria activities among Volunteers in Liberia as well as support and improve the implementation of country-wide programs. The goal of this assignment is to support Peace Corps Liberia with the Stomp Out Malaria Initiative of Africa project.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Liberia together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• At least two years of experience conducting community health programming in a low-resource environment or at least two years of experience in working in a grassroots program.
• Ability to research, develop and present training materials to a broad spectrum of clients, using adult learning and non-formal education principles.
• Experience developing and using evaluation tools to monitor the efficacy of training programs and programmatic interventions.
• Knowledge of Peace Corps programming and training methodologies and how Volunteers coordinate with host-country partners at the community level.
• Knowledge and experience in malaria programming.
• Resourceful and highly motivated and the ability to work in a team effectively.
• Strong community entry and mobilization skills
• Experience in networking, coordinating and organizing multi-stakeholder dialogue
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a stressful environment and meet deadlines
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.