IT and Communications Management Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The IT and Communications Management Specialist, with a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Information Technology, Computer Programming or a related field and experience working with youth, and experience in graphic design is needed to work closely with the youth as they develop the basic skills to create a promotional media and communications package that would be appealing to the program’s target audience. Graphics, animation, videography, and other communication programs and tools will help increase the reach to our target audience, as these communication channels will increase the public’s awareness of the support services available and also provide a mechanism for feedback from stakeholders and beneficiaries. The overall goal of the assignment is to facilitate knowledge and behavioral change from at-risk youth and pilot communities through effective training, education, and engagement.
Please note these are approximate departure dates and may change due to programmatic needs.
• Experience in graphic design or related fields
• Familiarity with various graphic design tools
• Experience working with youth through schools or community-based clubs
• Experience creating promotional illustrations, animations, web pages, brochures, logos, public service announcements, signs, posters, flyers, newsletters, advertisements, documentaries and other communication/promotional materials
• Willingness to persevere through challenges (travel, climate, interacting with multiple people and agencies etc.)
• Willingness to approach the position through the Peace Corps’ philosophy on development
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Eastern Caribbean
- Eastern Caribbean may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: none identified.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: none identified.
- After arrival in Eastern Caribbean, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot and mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.