Human Rights Youth Program Coordinator and Trainer
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The Human Rights Youth Program Coordinator & Trainer, with at least a bachelor’s degree in political science, social sciences or any other discipline related to development and/or human rights and experience in development, human rights, logistics management and workshop facilitation is needed to work collaboratively with management and staff to provide coordination for activities in education at schools, public forums and public outreach events. The PCRV will develop training modules on advocacy for students and vulnerable members of the society and build capacity among youth and community members through seminars and workshops, and reports and statements to the mainstream media. The overall goals of the project are to help GHRO to extend its reach to a wider audience through the media and raise awareness of general human rights and social justice, as well as to provide human rights education to the general citizenry, especial the vulnerable and marginalized members of society.
Please note these are approximate departure dates and may change due to programmatic needs.
• Experience in development, human rights, logistics management and workshop facilitation
• Ability to develop and implement social media campaigns
• Knowledge and experience in advocacy and training youth and adults in advocacy and human rights
• Effective communication skills
• Willingness to persevere through challenges (travel, climate, interacting with multiple people and agencies etc.)
• Willingness to approach the position through the Peace Corps’ philosophy on development
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.