Field Nutrition Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The PCRVs will work with the staff of the WFP Sub-Offices to reinforce skills of field staff on nutrition promotion in vulnerable/target communities; carry out administrative, analytical and field monitoring of nutrition activities; and conduct field visits to health centers, school canteens, storage facilities, etc. The PCRVs may also carry out administrative, analytical and field monitoring of nutrition activities; analyze monthly reports and give feedback to the Head of the Sub-Office and the country nutrition manager to take corrective measures when necessary; and participate in the optimization of the working methods of each sub-office. The overall goal of the assignment is for the PCRVs to build the capacity of each of the WFP Sub Offices to ensure projects are well implemented and monitored.
• Experience or training in the field of food, health or more particularly in nutrition
• Intermediate French language skills required
• Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Good communication skills
• Highly adaptable and flexible in accepting work assignment outside normal desk descriptions
• Culturally sensitive: candidate should enjoy working in a new context, with people of other cultures
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.