Environmental Leadership Development Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The PCRV will work with ELTI staff to enrich and expand field-based training activities by strengthening leadership and training abilities of SAVIM members so that they are effective trainers; establishing restoration demonstration areas on model farms and training SAVIM members how to experiment, monitor and evaluate their restoration efforts and communicate those results with others; and developing educational materials (presentations, maps, field guides, case studies, pamphlets, posters, etc.) which will illustrate SAVIM’s efforts and be utilized to create awareness and educate a wide audience of decision makers. The overall goal is to develop local capacity for ELTI’s training efforts so that community environmental leaders can disseminate forest restoration best practices to diverse audiences in an effective and culturally sensitive manner to other farmers.
• Advanced/fluent in both written and spoken Spanish
• 2 years of experience in at least one of the following: Conducting environmental education and leadership development; Conducting farm planning and soil conservation in watersheds; Developing and monitoring agroforestry systems and forest restoration strategies; Working with farmers and an understanding of agrarian culture
• Experience developing and conducting field-based training with farmers
• Knowledge of tropical ecology, agriculture, livestock production and forest restoration strategies
• Ability to physically work outdoors in extreme heat, humidity and rain
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.