English Language Teacher and Trainer
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
English Language Teacher and Trainers are needed to improve the professional skills of teachers through co-teaching and workshops in modern teaching methodology. With the help of Peace Corps Response Volunteers (PCRVs), ERCs hope to provide additional opportunities for teachers to improve their language skills, teaching methodology, and increase access to professional development opportunities. ERC staff also needs to improve their skills in project design, writing, and management, and offer workshops in proposal writing to school principals and interested teachers. PCRV assistance will also be important in organizing and planning trainings and extracurricular activities for students and local youth with a focus on conversational English, leadership, Volunteerism, employability, and other skills.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Georgia together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Degree in Education, Education Management, English Education or related field
• At least 2 years of experience in teaching English
• Knowledge of modern teaching methodologies in English, including student centered teaching and using technology in the classroom
• Experience in conducting trainings for teachers
• Desire and ability to design and implement extracurricular activities for students;
• Strong computer skills
• Knowledge/ Experience in project design, writing and management
• Outstanding leadership skills
• High levels of energy and physical mobility
• Self-starter with strong initiative
• Flexible and motivated
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.