English for Specific Purposes Curriculum Design Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Volunteers with a Master’s Degree in Education, experience with English for Specific Purposes (ESP) programs, and at least 2 years of experience working with curriculum design are needed to work with the ministry to further develop the technical education curriculum. Each PCRV will coordinate with the National English Advisors, a specialized team of English teachers, Regional English Advisors and Peace Corps Volunteers to support the English curriculum development for the different vocational specialties. The PCRVs will coordinate the development of the new English for Specific Purposes (ESP) curriculum and develop materials and resources for each program (tenth, eleventh, twelfth grades) according to the field of study. These materials include audio, video, tool kits, resource kits and scripts, for several resources and projects. The goal of this assignment is to continue to strengthen the technical education curriculum and further the implementation of the curriculum throughout Costa Rican technical high schools.
• At least two years of experience in curriculum design
• At least two years of experience in high school language acquisition programs
• Experience in English For Specific Purposes (ESP)
• Excellent public speaking skills
• Ability to work well in teams and under little supervision
• Teleworking skills
• Willingness to approach the position through the Peace Corps’ philosophy on development
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: Vyvanse.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: gluten.
- After arrival in Costa Rica, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot and mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.