English Education Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The English Education Specialist will promote the English language within the UDELAS community alongside the ILTEC team. Following this, the primary task will be to maintain interest and motivation toward English in class sessions. The Peace Corps Response Volunteer should elaborate the program of conversational courses at UDELAS, deliver an English conversational club guidebook, including educational materials, strategies and methodologies, and design a survey to monitor and evaluate conversational courses.
Please note these are approximate departure dates and might change.
• Advanced/fluent written and spoken Spanish
• 2-3 years of experience teaching at a high school or university level, or with adult and/or non-formal education
• Expert in the design of English conversational courses.
• Previous experience in the planning, coordination and implementation of academic and cultural activities.
• Experience creating lesson plans
• Experience planning and facilitating workshops in Spanish and English
• Ability to take initiative, be flexible and self-sufficient
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Panama
- Panama may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: none identified.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: none identified.
- After arrival in Panama, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot, to take daily or weekly medication to prevent malaria, and to receive mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please also review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.