Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
A PCRV with proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop of Adobe CS6 or higher and a high level of illustration ability (including a portfolio to demonstrate quality work) will work with GESPRO to develop digital educational resources for pre-school and primary school students. The team will be working on designing a preschool web application that allows students to create stories with different elements such as images, videos, audios, texts, among others and creating primary-school level game board with dice in digital format that allows a learner to go through different scenarios to solve different challenges related to strengthening values. The Volunteer will create illustrations for digital educational resources, animations, and storyboards, including visualizing and producing artwork and line drawings based on concepts. The goal of this assignment is build the capacity of GESPRO’s technology developers to create educational media resources that meet the requirements imposed by new and modern trends while providing students with the opportunity to interact within digital environments in a very dynamic and realistic way.
• High level of illustration ability, and a portfolio to demonstrate quality work
• Excellent drawing and IT skills
• Combine art, design and creative skills to develop ideas and produce original visual images for different needs
• Capable of drawing different kinds of characters
• Use drawing, sketching, and painting to produce illustrations
• Flexibility in drawing styles
• Ability to train other team members on these various programs and help build their technical capacity
• Intermediate Spanish (This is the ideal minimum level for the work place as many colleagues speak English. Outside of the workplace more Spanish is needed)
• Gender and context sensibility
• High levels of creativity and problem solving skills
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: Vyvanse.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: gluten.
- After arrival in Costa Rica, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot and mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.