Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The PCRV will work with the staff of GYLA on project development and grant writing. The primary tasks will include providing recommendations for improving the management structure of GYLA and developing grant proposals and recommendations for gender sensitive budgeting. The PCRV will also assist with improving social media platform content and usage. The development of English language skills is very important for staff career development and participation in different international conferences for lawyers, and the PCRV will also need to work with the staff on their English language, CV writing, and interview skills. The main goals of the PCRV will be to apply their management and fundraising expertise to assist the GYLA staff to come up with a shared vision about the structure of the organization and grow in the area of project development and grant writing.
• Experience with social media
• Experience with action-planning and management for small organizations
• Experience in proposal writing and fundraising
• Desire to teach English
• Strong communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Proactive and motivated
• Flexible, with high levels of energy
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Georgia
- Georgia may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: insulin-dependent diabetes; some types of gynecologic support; requiring a psychiatrist for psychotropic medications support; seizure disorder; ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: Adderall, Ritalin and Vyvanse.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: gluten.
- After arrival in Georgia, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot and mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.