Data Analytics Expert
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
The PCRV will serve as the technical expert of the university on data analytics and will work in close collaboration with the Institute of Statistics and the College of Arts and Sciences. The PCRV will specifically help with the development of a course outline for an undergraduate data science course and a curriculum for a Master’s of Science (MS) in the Data Science program. The PCRV will also act as an adjunct professor to help with the instruction of the current courses in data analytics and will help to review the current courses in data science. The long term goal for UPLB is to become a globally competitive graduate and research university contributing to national development.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in the Philippines together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• MS in Data Science or related fields;
• At least two (2) years’ research or teaching experience in data science and allied disciplines, including, but not restricted to mathematical modeling and machine learning, data capture and statistical analysis (e.g., from drone image/video data and other sensor networks), decision support systems, etc. for agricultural or environmental applications;
• Worked in the academe and industry or at least collaborated with the industry sector for at least two years;
• Demonstrated ability to live and work in a multi-cultural setting; and
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated flexibility.
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.