Curriculum Design Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
A PCRV is needed to assist in the design or review of the PSHS curriculum framework and provide advice for its continuous revision and improvement, including modes of delivery, monitoring, and evaluation. The PCRV will conduct workshops or seminars on curriculum development to the Curriculum Review Committee, the Curriculum Technical Working Groups, faculty, and OED’s Research, Policy, and Academics Division (RPAD). The PCRV will also assist in creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content, and by recommending modern educational methods. The goal of the PSHS is to remain a prestigious learning center, providing the Philippines with a critical mass of professionals and leaders in Science and Technology.
• At least 3 years’ experience in the field of education
• At least 3 years’ experience in curriculum-related activities (e.g. review, design, monitoring, evaluation)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent people skills with demonstrated flexibility and patience
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Philippines
- Philippines may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: insulin-dependent diabetes; ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: Adderall, Ritalin and Vyvanse.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: gluten, peanuts, and shellfish.
- After arrival in Philippines, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot, to take daily or weekly medication to prevent malaria, and to receive mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.