Biology and/or Chemistry Professor
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
The Biology and/or Chemistry Professors will be expected to prepare lesson plans and perform lectures, supervise lab demonstration for specific science courses where applicable, and assess students and tailor lessons to their needs. They may also be expected to provide support to community outreach programs and support an effective learning environment at the university level. By the end of this assignment, the Response Volunteers should have improved teaching skills in the science areas and submitted a detailed end of assignment report outlining success, challenges, and recommendations to improve the program.
Please note; these are approximate departure dates and might change.
• 2-3 years of practical teaching experience in Biology and/or Chemistry
• at the university level
• Demonstrate ability to use learner’s centered approach into content
• Ability to support effective teaching environment for fellow teachers and students with expressed needs
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Liberia
- Liberia may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: asthma, including mild or childhood; cardiology; dermatology; gastroenterology; some types of gynecologic support; insulin-dependent diabetes; mammography; ongoing behavioral health support; ophthalmology; seizure disorder; urology.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: Adderall, Vyvanse.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: none identified.
- After arrival in Liberia, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot, to take daily or weekly medication to prevent malaria, and to receive mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please also review Important Medical Information for Applicants [PDF] to learn about other health conditions typically not supported in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.