Youth Work Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings.
A PCRV with a bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Project Management or related field and experience in proposal writing, youth work and project development is needed to help support the efforts of the Youth Agency of Georgia. The Agency has 60 dynamic and highly qualified staff members with different backgrounds and experiences, but the Agency needs to learn more about youth work and volunteerism, as well as improve their communication, English language skills, time management, networking skills, and understanding of modern approaches in cultivating interpersonal relationships. The PCRV’s help will be needed not only in developing skills-based workshops, but also in supporting staff in communications, planning and implementing events, and developing partnerships. The goal of this assignment is to design programs that promote the development of volunteering in Georgia, while strengthening the knowledge and capacity of youth work and volunteerism.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Georgia together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
● Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, social work, management, project management, or other fields relevant to youth work
● Experience as a Youth Worker
● Experience of volunteering, inside or outside of US
● Strong knowledge of volunteering, youth work, and community development
● Experience in proposal writing, project development and management
● Experience in developing training modules, conducting trainings and non-formal educational activities
● Experience working with adolescents and youth
● Experience networking and developing partnerships
● Strong research and analytical skills
● Strong communication skills
● Strong computer skills
● Active and full of energy
● Flexible and adaptable to changing environments
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.