University English Education Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings.
Two PCRVs with a Bachelor’s degree in Education, TESOL, or related field and at least three years of experience teaching English are needed to work with a local public universities. The PCRVs will support Universities to improve their practices of developing educational projects, planning and developing conferences, competitions, or other extracurricular activities supporting employability skills building in English. Additionally, they will support the development of activities in conversational English and writing in both formal and non-formal educational settings. The goal of this project is to improve English teaching and learning practices, while also improving English language fluency and staff professional development.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Georgia together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, TESOL, or related field
• At least three years of experience teaching English
• Strong knowledge of modern teaching methodologies
• Experience with teacher professional development and teacher training
• Knowledge and access to external learning opportunities for students and teachers
• Experience/Knowledge/Interest in developing teaching resources
• Experience in project management and grant writing
• Desire and ability to teach English to adults
• Strong communication skills
• Strong computer and digital skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Highly motivated and flexible
• High levels of energy
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.