Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
The PCRV will greatly support the institution by developing a system that allows them to digitally manage the sports medical record of each athlete. The project will impact the sport development of the country, since it will allow the automation of the processes of digital medical records and consultation, appointment schedules and controls from the internet. The project will also greatly benefit a significant number of young athletes across the country, who will be able to access better health services. The PCRV will work with the technology team and the Sports Clinic to develop this information system. The goal of this project is to develop an information system that automates all the registration, consultation, control and management processes of the athletes' records that attend the ICODER Medical Sports Clinic.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Costa Rica together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related fields.
• Experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher.
• Experience publishing systems using IIS.
• Knowledge of programming languages Microsoft ASP, C #.
• Knowledge in Bootstrap version 3.4.1 or higher.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or higher.
• Knowledge in Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 or higher.
• Knowledge in Microsoft Internet Information Services IIS.
• Knowledge in W3C.
• Knowledge of web accessibility.
• Experience in developing software in a web environment on Microsoft platforms.
• Intermediate-High level of Spanish: while a reduced number of project partners may be able to communicate in English, Spanish will be needed to communicate with other departments and system users. Spanish will also be needed for most daily life interactions (getting to work, buying groceries, developing local relationships, etc.).
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.