Social Media and Marketing Advisor
The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Civic Education (MINJEC) in Cameroon has requested the support of a Peace Corps Response Volunteer (PCRV) to serve as a Social Media and Marketing Advisor. MINJEC is responsible for the organization and promotion of volunteering in Cameroon. Departments and individuals within the Ministry focus on the different aspects of volunteering, including recruitment, training, and monitoring of volunteer activities.
The PCRV will work hand in hand with a MINJEC Volunteer to support MINJEC in the advancement of their branding and social marketing goals related to the development of both traditional and social media marketing campaigns and materials. The PCRV will also co-design a social media marketing campaign to expand outreach of the new application portal for both interested volunteers and potential host organizations. The overall goal of the assignment is to promote the expansion, professionalism, and sustainability of host country volunteering efforts.
Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Cameroon together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Civic Education (MINJEC)
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, or any related fields
• At least 2 years’ experience working directly in at least one of these fields
• Significant experience as a volunteer.
• Intermediate French writing and speaking skills.
• Flexibility, patience, strong cross-cultural agility.
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and problem-solving abilities.
• Self-starter, able to work independently, resourceful, creative, and genuinely motivated.
• Strong verbal communication and facilitation skills, ability to present information and conduct training sessions.
• Adaptability to working in low-resource environments.
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Serving in Cameroon
Learn more about the Volunteer experience in Cameroon: Get detailed information on culture, communications, housing, health, and safety -- including health and crime statistics -- in order to make a well-informed decision about serving.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the medical clearance process.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.