Project Management Advisor
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings.
The Project Management Advisors, with at least a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or any other STEM field and three years of professional experience in project management in the STEM field are needed to work with research center personnel to identify priorities, define a work plan, establish goals and objectives, and implement, monitor, and evaluate the work plan. PCRVs will join a team of engineers, researchers, and/or administrators, and depending on each center’s needs and priorities, potential activities include participating in project planning, providing support in project administration, and assisting in project evaluation. PCRVs will also be expected to identify other areas in which they can add value as well as be willing to help Center’s personnel and students strengthen their English language skills. The goal of this assignment is to strengthen each research center’s capacities in the area of project management.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Mexico together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
Volunteer safety is of paramount importance, and the protections of U.S. citizenship promote volunteer safety. Under Mexican law, anyone born in Mexico who became a U.S. citizen after 1998 or anyone holding dual U.S. and Mexican citizenship is considered a citizen of Mexico, and not of the United States. If such an individual faced a legal, safety or other emergency situation in Mexico, the Peace Corps' ability to intervene could be limited. Therefore, the PC will not place in Mexico individuals who are either dual citizens of Mexico and the U.S. or who were born in Mexico and became U.S. citizens after 1998. If you fit either of these categories, we encourage you to look at other opportunities with PC Response.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or other STEM field
• Three years of professional experience in project management in the STEM field
• Basic Spanish language or the willingness and ability to quickly self-learn Spanish language communication skills, including ongoing study and practice during service
• Flexibility, adaptability, and professionalism given a new work environment in a new culture and within the context of the rules, regulations, and core expectations of the Peace Corps
• Initiative, resourcefulness, and the ability to work on a team with potentially limited resources and limited supervision
• Willingness to learn about and integrate/adapt into Mexican culture and the organizational culture at the research center
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.