Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings.
A Peace Corps Response Volunteer (PCRV) with at least an intermediate level of French and experience in target setting, reporting, data management and developing M&E and performance monitoring tools, along with excellent research and data collection methodology skills in the context of international development, is needed to assist the staff of SOS-Vita, a local NGO in Atakpamé, the capital of the Plateaux Region of Togo primarily committed to improving regional health outcomes. The Peace Corps Response Volunteer will collaborate and work with SOS-Vita Director of Monitoring and Evaluation and other staff members dedicated to strengthening the organization’s M&E unit.
As Togo makes strides to improve the infrastructure of its health system, SOS-Vita specifically focuses on health care access promotion, health information advocacy, reducing HIV/AIDS rates, income generation for women, and sustainable environmental management at a community level.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of uncertainties relating to Peace Corps and local partners resuming volunteer operations. Invitees will be arriving in Togo together as a group. While the whole group's departure dates could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• High tolerance for ambiguity and high level of flexibility – some details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations
• Bachelor ’s degree in a field related to Public Health, International Relations, Development Studies
• Advanced French (Reading, Speaking and Writing)
• Experience in performance measurement such as target setting, reporting, data management and developing M&E and performance monitoring tools
• Excellent research and data collection methodology skills in the context of international development
• Computer Literacy and experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, social media, and relevant data analytics
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Serving in Togo
Learn more about the Volunteer experience in Togo: Get detailed information on culture, communications, housing, health, and safety -- including health and crime statistics -- in order to make a well-informed decision about serving.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the medical clearance process.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.