Media and Communications Assistant
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
As Togo makes strides to promote more educational opportunities for girls and young women, this NGO specifically focuses on mentoring, coaching, and professional development. The PCRV will collaborate with Pathways Togo’s field administrators and program director to plan Pathways Togo’s media and communication strategic direction relevant to the contemporary world. To ensure continuity and sustainability, the PCRV will train, coach, and mentor Pathways Togo staff on diverse media and communication strategies that meet the needs of a multitude of donors.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of uncertainties relating to Peace Corps and local partners resuming volunteer operations. Invitees will be arriving in Togo together as a group. While the whole group's departure dates could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field
• Experience in communications or public relations
• Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills using diverse communication platforms
• Experience with website design and maintenance
• Experience with management of social media accounts and understanding of metrics used to measure performance of online marketing (likes, follows, shares, click rates)
• Experience designing and implementation of communication strategy/plans
• Advanced French (Reading, Speaking and Writing)
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.