M&E and Strategic Planning Facilitator
The Waved Association in Panama has requested the support of a Peace Corps Response Volunteer (PCRV) to serve as an M&E and Strategic Planning Facilitator. The Waved Association has been implementing an educational programs since 2016, complementing the public educational system in Panama. The program strives to develop physical skills and values in young students from rural areas of Panama through experiential learning activities, including water sports classes, surf classes, ocean safety, and English and Spanish classes. Waved has identified a need to strengthen their monitoring and evaluation system, with the goal to train its members and ensure a consistent and sustainable program, generating improvements in the association's positive impact on students.
The PCRV will work collaboratively with Waved staff to review the monitoring and evaluation system of existing programs in order to identify adjustments/modifications/improvements to the processes and methodologies and co-design improvements to the monitoring and evaluation system, which includes data collection tools. The PCRV will also co-facilitate training of trainer (ToT) workshops with the operational teams of the organization (Guánico, Cambutal and San Carlos) on the monitoring and evaluation system and its implementation.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Panama together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• High tolerance for ambiguity and high level of flexibility – some details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or other relevant field such as project management, organizational development, or administration experience
• Intermediate-mid Spanish language level
• Experience in Project Management
• Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• Ability to swim in the sea, travel by boat, adaptation to tropical climate and/or high temperatures.
• Enthusiasm for working with elementary school students and in the sports field
• Organizational skills and working with little or no supervision.
• Competence in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Serving in Panama
Learn more about the Volunteer experience in Panama: Get detailed information on culture, communications, housing, health, and safety -- including health and crime statistics -- in order to make a well-informed decision about serving.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the medical clearance process.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.