The STOMP Out Malaria Initiative for Africa with Peace Corps Liberia has requested the support of a Peace Corps Response Volunteer (PCRV) to serve as a Malaria Coordinator. The STOMP Out Malaria Initiative’s mission is to fight the devastating effects of malaria in epidemic and endemic African countries where Peace Corps is operational. The STOMP out Malaria program utilizes Peace Corps unique position and methodology to nurture a grassroots movement to help solve one of the greatest global public health crises in history. Peace Corps Liberia's goals are to future develop post wide programs, support individual projects and create easily replicated activities for the Volunteers to join the global fight against malaria.
The Malaria Coordinator will advocate for and coordinate malaria activities among Volunteers in Liberia as well as support and improve the implementation of country-wide programs. The goal of this assignment is to support Peace Corps Liberia with the Stomp Out Malaria Initiative of Africa project.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Liberia together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
Peace Corps Liberia
• High tolerance for ambiguity and high level of flexibility – some details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations
• At least two years of experience conducting community health programming in a low-resource environment or at least two years of experience in working in a grassroots program.
• Ability to research, develop and present training materials to a broad spectrum of clients, using adult learning and non-formal education principles.
• Experience developing and using evaluation tools to monitor the efficacy of training programs and programmatic interventions.
• Knowledge of Peace Corps programming and training methodologies and how Volunteers coordinate with host-country partners at the community level.
• Knowledge and experience in malaria programming.
• Resourceful and highly motivated and the ability to work in a team effectively.
• Strong community entry and mobilization skills
• Experience in networking, coordinating and organizing multi-stakeholder dialogue
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a stressful environment and meet deadlines
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Serving in Liberia
Learn more about the Volunteer experience in Liberia: Get detailed information on culture, communications, housing, health, and safety -- including health and crime statistics -- in order to make a well-informed decision about serving.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the medical clearance process.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.