Malaria Communications Advisor
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
A PCRV, with a bachelor’s degree in communication, social sciences, health sciences or statistics, English technical writing experience, and social and behavior change communication skills and experience, is needed to develop innovative ways to enhance the project’s visibility. The Malaria Communications Advisor will work with MAPD’s Masaka project team in conjunction with the national-level Social Behavior Change (SBC) team to support project learning and documentation including write up of publications, project notes, success stories, and Facebook stories as needed. The PCRV will also support development of project social behavior change communication messaging, project learning data collection, data analysis and report writing while participating in M&E and SBC field activities. The overall goal of this assignment is to develop innovative ways to enhance project learning and visibility.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Uganda together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, social sciences, health sciences or statistics
• Ability to work harmoniously in a diverse team from different cultural and international backgrounds
• Ability to analyze, prepare and present data in a meaningful way to a wide range of different audiences. This includes audiences at national level, district level leaders, sub-district level health workers and rural communities for whom English isn’t a native language
• Strong English technical writing experience
• Strong social and behavior change communication skills and experience
• Strong computer use and application skills
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.