Inclusive Education Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings.
To support MoESCSG with the above-mentioned needs, a Volunteer with a master’s degree in Special Education is needed to work with the Inclusive Development Division. Its function is to ensure equal access to education for persons with disabilities at all levels. The PCRV will also be working with the Ministry’s multidisciplinary team. The Volunteer will develop recommendation and specific resources to help improve the staff’s knowledge about best practices in informal education. The goal of this assignment is to increase the capacity of MoESCSG staff and members of the multidisciplinary team, and to develop resources that offer modern teaching methods and involve parents throughout the process.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Georgia together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Master’s degree in Special Education, Social Sciences or related field
• At least 3 years of experience working in the field of Disability Inclusion
• Experience and knowledge in special education and/ or experience working as a special education teacher;
• Strong skills in training and facilitation;
• Strong writing skills and ability to develop resources and elaborate conceptual frameworks
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and spoken presentation skills
• Collaborative and flexible
• High levels of energy
• Ability to work in stressful and changing environments
• Excellent Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet, etc.)
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.