Gender Policy Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
A PCRV with a Bachelors’ degree in any field relevant to gender policy and professional experience in the design and implementation of community gender training is needed to help design and execute a Training and Awareness Program on gender promotion and on the Municipal Gender policy for all municipal agencies. The Volunteer will work within the Social Development Department, as part of the professional team that oversees Equality and Gender Equity at a municipal level and establish a monitoring and evaluation model to be able to measure the progress of the different municipal units on the Gender Policy. The primary goal of this assignment is to help implement the Gender Policy of 2017.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Costa Rica together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field relevant to gender policy.
• Professional experience in the design and implementation of community gender training.
• Proficiency in Spanish as a second language (Advanced Spanish). While immediate counterparts can communicate in English, trainings/engagement with Municipal staff and community members will need to occur in Spanish.
• Strong cross-cultural skills that allow the Volunteer to understand or to quickly learn about the social and cultural differences of the Costa Rican context.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluating gender focused programs.
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.